Thursday, March 14, 2013

Exhibition in Turin ''Degas. Masterpieces from the Musée d’Orsay''

I went to see the exhibition of Degas in Turin in January.  It was freezing but I love the works of Degas so much that I had to go.  I was very disappointed at the venue and the volume of works by the artist.  The Venue for the exhibition was very small and very dark.  The had a system of ticketing which encouraged people to book for a certain time which I did, but I guess as it was the end of the exhibition they let everyone come in at once so it was almost impossible to look at any art with out getting continually bumped by someone else.
The two paintings below are two of my favorite pieces of all art so I was fortunate to see them.


 Dancer with Bouquet 1877
Oil on canvas with pastel.

Tests Ballet Scene1874
Oil on Canvas

The Dance Class 1873
Oil on canvas

This painting was not at the exhibition, sadly, but I love the colours Degas has added to the blue white of the costumes and the different sections of the room and the different little areas that you can look at and see something unique to that section. 

No comments:

Post a Comment